[Openradio] HDigit Android kitchen radio

François Lefebvre fralef at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 23:28:17 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Such device (HDigit) finally brings up this vision that we had some years
ago of a DAB platform fully programmable under a large scale OS / SDK known
to many developers. Here, its Android.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQi1tBU880&feature=player_embedded

As some of you may already know, we (CRC) have released a free open source
middleware platform for DAB receivers  called Openmokast. (
www.openmokast.org). We demonstrated that it already runs on actual Android
devices: G1, Nexus One.

Anyone has contact to HDigit developers? We should try to make them aware
that they could get to market much faster by reusing existing code instead
of re-developing everything internally and by relying on community
developments!

Any idea on how we could make things progress on this front?

François.